|Call for Proposals Opens||17 Apr 2018|
|Close of Submissions||29 Jun 2018|
|Notification of PoC Selection||24 Jul 2018|
|PoC Press Release||5 Sep 2018|
|PoC Showcase at MEF18||29 Oct 2018|
|PoC Awards at MEF18||31 Oct 2018|
Proof of Concept Showcase Overview for MEF18 Attendees
The 5th annual Proof of Concept (PoC) Showcase will feature live service and technology demonstrations involving dozens of companies. The PoCs will provide you valuable insight into how agile, assured, and orchestrated services can be delivered across automated, virtualized, and interconnected networks in accordance with the MEF 3.0 framework. Many of the PoC demonstrations will highlight how service providers can implement different aspects of MEF 3.0 services – such as automated fulfillment and activation, service assurance, etc – using published and draft specifications and concepts from MEF, as well as other industry organizations and open source projects. This includes demonstration of MEF 3.0 concepts related to emerging standardized, orchestrated services and LSO APIs that enable orchestration across multiple providers and over multiple network technology domains (e.g., Optical Transport, CE, IP, 5G, etc).
Showcasing Innovative Commercial Solutions and MEF 3.0 Implementation Projects
The Showcase will include two types of PoC demonstrations: those proposed specifically for MEF18 highlighting collaborative and highly differentiated commercial solutions as in past years and, for the first time, demonstrations of MEF 3.0 Implementation projects driven by MEF members.
Leadership & PoC Award Opportunities for MEF18 Sponsors
The Proof of Concept Showcase is an opportunity for MEF18 sponsors to:
- Demonstrate market leadership in current and future network services, value-added service features, or advanced networking technologies.
- Compete for the MEF18 PoC Awards. Judged by leading industry analysts, the PoC Awards recognize the PoCs that best showcase agile, assured, and orchestrated services delivered across a global ecosystem of automated, virtualized, and interconnected networks.
Showcase Topic Suggestions
- Demonstrations of MEF 3.0 characteristics of agile, assured, and orchestrated services across multiple provider networks and/or multiple technology domains.
- Use of LSO principles and APIs to deliver connectivity services across multiple implementations of different SD-WAN vendors.
- Demonstration of the integration of 5G front/mid/backhaul and network slicing in end-to-end connectivity services using LSO principles and APIs.
- Demonstration of service assurance based on Big Data Analytics service telemetry principles.
- Demonstration of Security as a Service (SECaaS) as an overlay to SD-WAN and other MEF 3.0-type services.
- Demonstrations of the readiness and implementations of LSO APIs based on the LSO Reference Architecture (MEF 55).
- Automated end-to-end service delivery over physical and/or SDN and NFV reference implementations demonstrating MEF’s initiatives.
- Interactive, live demonstrations of Carrier Ethernet services utilizing LSO, NFV elements, and/or SDN management, with connections to remote labs and live sites.
- Ethernet Access services delivered and managed across multiple service provider domains monitored by vNID functionality, etc.
- Demonstration of application-aware network services (e.g. for Real Time Media sessions) orchestrated using LSO principles.
- Demonstrations that combine new dynamic, bandwidth-on-demand or performance-on-demand services with cloud-based applications.
- Other ideas that show collaboration, partnership, and innovation designed to accelerate the deployment of MEF 3.0 services.
Call for Proposal Submission Form: MEF18 PoC Call for Proposals.docx
- Call for Proposal Opens: Now Open
- Submission Deadline: 29 June 2018 Early submissions are encouraged
- Proof of Concept Showcase Participants Announced: 24 July 2018
- Proof of Concept Awards Announced at MEF18: 31 October 2018
- The cost for sponsor participation is solely to recover the costs of construction of the showcase area, a large screen theater area, supporting logistics, Internet connections, and other Showcase-related items.
- The cost will be $10,500 per participating group or individual organization. Cost is $9,450 before May 31! – see the Sponsor Price List for details.
- The MEF will subsidize the remaining costs of the Showcase. There is no additional sponsor fee required, but a minimum of Bronze Level sponsorship of MEF18 is needed for all participating vendors. This does not apply to Enterprise or Service Providers participating in a Vendor PoC.
Questions & information: